Wichtermans is part of a collaborative group of companies committed to delivering high-quality products and services across a broad range of custom upholstery design, repair and restoration services. For over 40 years, we’ve been leaders in the custom upholstery industry, applying our skills to custom aircraft, automotive, marine, residential, and commercial furniture restoration, as well as unique items like motorcycle seats. We’re seeking self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who can work independently and maintain our standard of excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join a family-owned business that deeply values its employees, offering an expansive career path in a collaborative and professional environment. We want to enjoy our time at work restoring beautiful interiors, and experience the satisfaction when you see that “WOW” in our customer’s eyes.
The Upholstery Technician position is rewarding hands-on role making old things new again!
In the Upholstery Technician role you will…
- Identifies tasks that need to be accomplished & collaborates with others to get things done
- Clear communication – verbal and written
- Enjoys working with others & works well in a team at all levels when needed
- Participate in all business processes, & can work with the team to improve processes
- Enjoys continuous learning and improvement of design, fabrication and maintenance practices, resulting in a safe work environment, and high-quality product
- Ensure all Regulations are complied with (e.g. OSHA, DOT, FAA, etc.)
- Ensure all Company Processes are complied with.
What we Require:
- The applicant should be confident and have 3+ years of experience in the upholstery/sewing/custom design/fabrication or related industry.
- Must be reliable and seeking a long-term career within the company. (experience requirement could be reduced based on Portfolio)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Formal training or significant experience in high end auto, aircraft and/or marine upholstery
- Upholstery experience not required for this position – but must be willing to learn and work hard.
- Experience with a variety of crafts, refinishing, mechanics and repair
- Ability to work with a variety of objects (car, boat, furniture, etc.)
- Ability to operate hand and power tools, such as: staple guns, nail guns, hot-knife cutters, and other equipment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team player with strong organizational skills
- Must have a strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Experience in custom design is a plus
- Work well individually and as a member of a team
- Must be able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, squat, and work with heavy components
- Maintain flexible work schedule (may need to work overtime to meet delivery commitments)
- Good communication skills, written & spoken
- Career oriented
- Detail oriented
- Participate in bidding/ estimating upcoming jobs, planning the work, advising on fabrics and design details/methods
- Drug free, including participation in ongoing drug test program requirements per FAA/DOT requirements.
- Clean criminal background
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay-based on experience and skill set
- Medical Beneifits (Insurance or HSS qualified Medical Cost Sharing plan)**
- Retirement benefits (with matching)*
- Holiday Pay*
- Paid Time Off (PTO)*
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent, professional work atmosphere
- Variety of tasks, projects and network of opportunities within the same family of companies across a range of industries
- Continuous Training; Opportunities to continually improving your skill set
- Office support hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
* After 90 day probationary period for permanent/full-time employees.
** After 60 day waiting period for permanent/full-time employees.
Wichterman’s reserves the right to conduct a criminal background check and drug test prior to employment, and per ongoing drug test program requirements per DOT requirements.